The Kenya Geothermal Congress 2022, (KGC 2022) was held in Nairobi, at the Emara Ole-Sereni Convention Centre, under the theme, “Leveraging on Opportunities in Kenya’s Geothermal Sector” and it hosted over 250 delegates from over 20 countries. KGC 2022:
- Showcased the country’s successes in utilizing geothermal energy,
- Promoted cooperation between companies and institutions in the geothermal sector,
- Presentations for and from national policymakers, scientific presentations, and plenary sessions,
- Field excursions to various geothermal projects in the country,
- Exhibitions and networking and social events.
The event was hosted by GAK in collaboration with the Ministry of Energy, the Geothermal Development Company, the Kenya Electricity Generating Company (KenGen), the international Geothermal Association, Geo-Energy Europe, and Unione Geotermica Italiana.