Video: GAK at the World Geothermal Congress 2023. Insights on the Kenya Geothermal Congress 2024, Investments in the Kenya Geothermal Sector, Kenya’s role in the African context. Video below is 100% courtesy of ThinkGeoEnergy
- Kenya leads in Geothermal Development in Africa and top 10 globally.
- High-temperature geothermal prospects in Kenya occur along the East Africa Rift System.
- Current installed capacity – about 985MWe.
- Kenya’s total potential – is about 10,000 MWe.
- Kenya has several geothermal fields namely: Olkaria, Menengai, Barrier, Namarunu, Emuruangongolak, Silali, Paka, Korosi, Baringo, Bogoria, Arus, Eburru, Longonot, Suswa, Lake Magadi, Homa Hills, Mwananyamala, and Badlands. Only Olkaria & Eburru Geothermal Field so far, are generating geothermal power. Most of the other fields are in various phases of development.