The GAK has participated in / organized various activities in the past: Courtesy Calls, Expos, Workshops, Outreach Programs and many more.
1. Courtesy Call on the Managing Director and CEO of KenGen PLC: The Geothermal Association of Kenya Board of Directors paid a courtesy call on the Managing Director and CEO of KenGen PLC. The two organizations discussed about potential partnership areas on (1) the upcoming ARGeo C8 Conference in 2020, (2) developing the capacity of students who have an interest in the geothermal sector, (3) the development of a drilling index for the geothermal sector and (4) the wealth of experience that the local consultants have.
GAK also thanked KenGen for the continued partnership over the years and the two agreed to continue working together for the growth and development of the sector. [16 May 2019]
2. Courtesy Call on the Managing Director and CEO of GDC: The GAK Board of Directors paid a courtesy call on the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of the Geothermal Development Company. The main objective of the courtesy call was to give appreciation to GDC for the support and partnership over the years. GAK, through the Chairman, briefed the MD / CEO on the milestones it has achieved and its plans going forward and also proposed several partnership areas, including the development of a sector index, ARGeo C8 – to be hosted in Kenya in October / November 2020, among others.
On his part, GDC’s Managing Director / CEO noted that GAK plays an important role in the sector in that:
- The Association brings together all industry players for various reasons and
- GAK provides solutions to sector challenges.
Finally he suggested to GAK, annual dinners, for all stakeholders to meet on an annual basis to discuss various topics about the geothermal sector. [22 March 2019]
3. Meeting at the Council of Governors: GAK was able to meet the Chairman of CoG H.E. Hon. Josephat Nanok (Governor, Turkana County) and H.E. Hon. Stanley Kiptis, Governor, Baringo County. Discussions involved ways of working together in sensitizing the communities on the benefits of geothermal energy, identifying economic potential and marketing opportunities for geothermal resources and contributing to Policies at the county level. [August 2018]
CAREER SEMINARS: One of the Geothermal Association of Kenya’s core activities is to promote geothermal education by conducting and participating in seminars so as to provide objective and unbiased information on the nature of geothermal energy and its development.
- The University of Nairobi:
[Seminar Topic] Career Opportunities in the Geothermal Sector in Kenya
- Dedan Kimathi University of Technology
GAK ANNUAL GENERAL MEETINGS
- 2018 Annual General Meeting – [Nakuru]
STUDY TOURS: The GAK organizes study tours for its members to visit various geothermal sites in Kenya. The site visits are envisaged to educate the participants on the current developments in geothermal sector in Kenya.
- Menengai, Nakuru County
*To be featured in the GAK website gallery, please send your geothermal photos to the emails provided. The Best Photos will be shared online and photographer acknowledged.